Image may contain: Leisure Activities, Club, Navel, Apparel, Clothing, Person, Human

Leeds RAG Fashion Show brought the fire with free nipples and amazing outfits

All while raising THOUSANDS in the name of fashion

The hottest show of the year just took place in The Refectory – and we’ve got all the deets.

The Leeds Rag Fashion Show is an annual event which aims to raise buckets of money for charity through the fabulousness of fashion, and yesterday’s event was the best show yet.

Girl Power, Break-Dancing and sheer tops showing everything… the 11th LRFS was as diverse as it was fabulous.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BueDzZnhCL6

Through charity abseiling, ticket sales matched generously by Santander and all the other tireless fundraising efforts of the fantastic committee, LRFS managed to raise over a staggering £23,000 for Behind Closed Doors and Pancreatic Cancer Research Fund. These two charities had personal links to people involved in the show, and both make an enormous impact not just in the UK at large but Leeds specifically – with Pancreatic Cancer Research funding cutting-edge research right here at the University of Leeds.

Image may contain: Interior Design, Indoors, Disco, Night Life, Crowd, Audience, Night Club, Club, Person, Human

Live your best life girl

The show saw a large committee and dozens of designers bring over 100 models down the catwalk in five expertly choreographed motions based on artistic movements – Romanticism, Impressionism, Cubism, Surrealism and Pop-Art.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BueB1q-hgbj

In this celebration of diversity, remixed Classical, Pop and Techno music reverberated around the catwalk, covered in strobing rainbow lights softened through the mysterious lurk of the smoke machines – creating something out of a dream-scape. Somehow, in this gorgeous chaos, the models were impeccable in their timing, choreography and emotions. Subdued and dignified for Romanticism, all the way through to outrageously vibrant when we got to the Pop-Art finale.

In an amazing homage to the "tactile application of human emotion" through art, the committee produced for us a show so spectacular, the standing ovation at the end left the wonderful Directors, Arabella Bowes and Tamika Hewitt, lost for words.

Image may contain: Crowd, Disco, Party, Night Life, Night Club, Club, Human, Person

Walking into 2019 like a mother f*cking QUEEN

We’ll leave it to your imagination how the afterparty at Church progressed – a party which rose the roof and let the months of creative excitement release.

We want to thank LRFS for allowing us into their world – it was truly magical, and you best believe we’ll be back again next year. Keep an eye out around September time for recruitment for the NEXT Leeds Rag Fashion Show. Think you could do better? Then roll your sleeves up, cut the nipples out of your top and get your glitter-face on, because it won’t be easy.

Cover photo courtesy of @Joylyngong on Instagram.