Image may contain: Face, Drinking, Beverage, Drink, Person, Human

A comprehensive guide to the best first date ideas in Leeds

Can you feel the love tonight???

Valentine’s Day is fast approaching, and with that comes the dreaded date decision making.

First dates are always scary, but these date ideas are perfect if you’re looking to get to know someone in a lively atmosphere, where the conversation can be endless. Doing something active allows you to get out and do something fun, creating memories right from the start. So, let's get the ball rolling.

1. Drinks

For people who might be nervous and don’t fancy a sit-down dinner, drinks are perfect. There are so many nice bars in Leeds, some of which you might not even know about. Belgrave is an ideal student bar; it has a great vibe and a rooftop area with heaters. If you fancy something more sophisticated, however, you can head to head to Dirty Martini or Be at One. Or, The Domino, one of Leeds hidden bars, is excellent if you like live Jazz music. It’s a perfect mood setter, even if it is a little pricey.

Image may contain: Beer, Beer Glass, Cocktail, Liquor, Goblet, Furniture, Chair, Alcohol, Beverage, Drink, Glass

2. Ice Skating

As its still cold, especially in Leeds, head out to the ice skating rink in The Millennium square. There is a winter themed fair, with rides and food stalls. Ice skating is a great romantic way to get to know each other, have fun and see a different side to your date.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BttcEZpHdcm

3. Crazy Golf

In Leeds, there are plenty of Crazy Golf places. A personal favourite of mine is Junkyard Golf in the Light. It’s central and easy to get to, and there’s plenty of restaurants nearby if you fancy getting a bite to eat after (if all goes well, of course). Grab yourself a cocktail, relax and explore the competitive side to each other.

4. Go for Breakfast

Breakfast is always a winner. What better way to start the day off than with good food and good company? Bills serve up a classy, sophisticated range of breakfasts. Or, try Laynes Espresso or Browns if you want something with perfect presentation. But if you’re looking for a cheap full English, your local spoons or Riveresque is always a classic.

Image may contain: Saucer, Pottery, Bread, Food

Bills Breakfast

5. Catch a gig

Leeds is a vibrant city, and with that comes so many gigs. Gigs are a great way to talk about something that you have in common; similar music taste leads to endless conversations. Finding something that you both enjoy starts the relationship off on the right foot, and you can continue to go to gigs as your relationship blossoms.

Image may contain: Metropolis, Town, City, Urban, Building, Club, Room, Crowd, Flare, Light, Night Life, Stage, Human, Person, Lighting, Indoors, Interior Design