Image may contain: Face, Night Club, Club, Person, Human

The five dreaded questions which are guaranteed to send every uni student into a meltdown

Thank u, next

It doesn't matter who you talk to. Everybody from family friends to random strangers, it's pretty much guaranteed that they will always ask the same things about uni life. However, sometimes you are asked a question which is just a trigger… why do you need to know this? Here are only a few of the questions which you can never avoid…

Image may contain: Face, Night Club, Party, Club, Dating, Human, Person

"Which uni do you go to?"

Okay, fair enough. It's nice that they want to know where you attend. But it is where this question always leads which is the real problem. They will no doubt move straight on to an irrelevant story, in which they ALWAYS knew someone who attended your uni. What are the chances that out of 66 million people in the UK, they'll know someone at Leeds? It's pretty damn likely, so be prepared to listen to a five minute ramblings of some person who also once had a drink in the Original Oak.

"Have you met the one?"

Image may contain: Make Out, Club, Dating, Hug, Person, Human

Uni is undoubtedly a great time to meet new people, find new friends and possibly discover the elusive 'one'. This question always goes two ways. The first is that you can say "yes, I have!" Which then leads on to an explanation on how you met (usually a much more PG version than the original). The other way this question goes is "no". It's asked in such a way you begin to doubt yourself why you haven't found someone when there are 60,000 students in Leeds. The problem with this question is that people want a really lovely story. Something like, "Oh yes, we caught eyes across the lecture theatre and from that moment on, I just knew that…"The reality? It's also the type of story that ends with, "I would probably never see them again because there were so many people in this lecture and I didn't want to attend this 9am ever again."

"Do you enjoy it?"

Image may contain: Drink, Beverage, Jacket, Overcoat, Coat, Human, Person, Apparel, Clothing

Oh you mean the staying up all night to complete deadlines, the same ready meal at least once a week and the lack of heating in the house? Apparently what's not to love?

Uni is definitely a time of highs and lows, just compare student discounts and nights out to exams and deadlines. It's also a question in which it gives you the chance to complain. From the lecture resources (which is really only a powerpoint) to the joy of finally completing an essay, uni is not always the walk in the park that everyone imagines student life to be! When balancing bills, trying to get jobs, finishing uni work, finding houses, having a social life and somehow ending up with a degree… Students should definitely be given more respect.

"Do you worry about the debt?"

Aha, debt. What a lovely thought. It's also a thought that you don't really want to think about. Student finance admits themselves that 83% of uni students won't ever pay back the full loan. (Plus the fact that no student will ever think that their course is really worth paying £9,250.) Of course, you are expected to defend your reason for attending uni and embracing such an enormous scale debt. This makes this a question, where you have to laugh nervously and say, "Oh I'm not worried about the debt at all, it will be written off in 30 years!" The good news is we have 30 years to practice our fake smiles until we all reach our fifties because that's how long you'll be asked this question for.

"What are you going to do after uni?"

Image may contain: Face, Sleeve, People, Female, Shorts, Evening Dress, Fashion, Robe, Gown, Accessory, Accessories, Tie, Human, Person, Apparel, Clothing

*Cue the internal panic attack.*

We saved the best (or worst) until last. The question that EVERYBODY asks and no one has the answer to. It's also the worst question because it requires a solution that has to vaguely relate to a job. The worst part is, (apart from doctors on medic courses), it's difficult to know what job is the one that you want. Does anyone ever know what they want to do anyway? Sadly, it's the question where everyone looks up, awaiting your answer. If you can answer this question, then you could probably answer the question to the meaning of life. For the rest of us though, we'll just respond, "I just want to graduate first" Then it's your chance to run away and hide before you have to explain any more of these hideous questions.