Edgy Leeds has been voted the second most hipster university in the UK

It’s because of all of your wavy garms

Big news for most of the Leeds student population: we were voted the second most hipster University in the UK after Manchester Met. The study by Liberty Living has concluded that it’s because Leeds has 23 vintage shops, 7 record shops, 28 craft beer bars and it received a total art and design score of 94.5. It’s quite surprising that we didn’t come first.

It was also revealed that 52% of UK students would rather go to a lesser known university because it is more likely to offer a ‘broader cultural experience’ or apparently ‘hipster’. We’re allowed to be both. They’ve wounded us deeply with only second place, and we bleed red stripe.

Hilariously, Brudenell Social Club is ‘the captial of all hipsterdom’, so head over to Hyde Park for some indie music and wavy garms. After Leeds came Newcastle University, Nottingham Trent and Liverpool John Moores University, on the basis of the same grading characteristics. Bristol came in sixth, the University of Brighton in seventh and Liverpool Hope University in eighth.

Photos by: MiX:UP @ Space pics from the NoCurfew Events Facebook page