Image may contain: Worship, Church, Cathedral, Tower, Building, Architecture

Leeds ranks 34th in the country for dealing with mental health

According to The Tab’s Mental Health Rankings 2017

The University of Leeds has been ranked 34th in the country for dealing with mental health problems amongst students, according to The Tab's 2017 Mental Health Rankings.

Leeds spent £16.37 per student on mental health services, well below the national average of £22.06

The Tab's Mental Health Rankings is the only study that assesses how well universities care for students with mental health issues, taking information from 9,000 students and 47 universities in the UK. Read the full rankings here.

The study focuses on funding for services, the wait for help, and satisfaction amongst students about their university's mental health services.

As well as the small amount spent per student on mental health services, Leeds spends £257.04 per person who applies for mental health support from the University, below the national average of £334.28.

In terms of student satisfaction Leeds scored better, scoring 34.79 of a possible 40, slightly above the national average of 34.55, placing us in 20th place.

The university did not provide a comment to The Tab in response to the rankings.