Image may contain: Dimples, Smile, Portrait, Face, Umbrella, Canopy, Person, People, Human

Everything you need to know to have a fun, student Christmas Day in Leeds

Don’t even bother with Secret Santa

Wanting to celebrate Christmas with your fellow housemates? If yes, then there are lots of ways to make it fun, festive and fabulous! I mean, what better way to get into the Christmas spirit than having a day full of food and alcohol with your student family? It's only once a year so make it one to remember.

The essentials

You need to ensure that you are getting all of the essentials to make this one to remember. That means endless alcohol, fatty foods (never forgetting the pigs in blankets) and decorations! Being a student, as we all know we are probably deep in our overdrafts at this time of year, so making it cheap is vital! Which is why going to Aldi is just your best bet, they have lots of Christmas party food going on at the moment which is perfect to get you going for a student Christmas Day. To really get yourselves feeling Christmassy then you need to get yourselves down to Primark. They are selling a ton of decorations for cheap prices that you can decorate your house with. Ranging from tinsel, mini Christmas trees and even snowmen and Santa outfits if you are really feeling the spirit.

Image may contain: Person, People, Human

How to make it a successful one

You need to make this day as stress free as possible, us students aren’t really into cooking big meals but because it is a special time, you need to go through with it. Which is why perhaps allocating a couple of people to be on cooking duty will make things a whole lot easier for you. To make this the best, you need to go crazy! Cook heaps of food so you and your housemates can pig out, I mean why not? After all its Christmas, right? Set your table up with some crackers, party hats and heaps of alcohol so you can all celebrate Christmas early.You need to make this day as stress free as possible, us students aren’t really into cooking big meals but because it is a special time, you need to go through with it. Which is why perhaps allocating a couple of people to be on cooking duty will make things a whole lot easier for you. To make this the best, you need to go crazy! Cook heaps of food so you and your housemates can pig out, I mean why not? After all its Christmas, right? Set your table up with some crackers, party hats and heaps of alcohol so you can all celebrate Christmas early.

Image may contain: Plate, Meal, Food, Dish, Glass, Phone, Mobile Phone, Electronics, Computer, Cell Phone, Bowl

The Music

Music is one of the most significant parts about Christmas so this is something that needs to be done right. Making sure that you and your housemates are feeling all Christmassy is necessary to have this fun and festive day, so blasting out all of the Christmas songs as loud as they can go is exactly what needs to be done. Here are some good, old classic Christmas tunes in case you have forgotten. These almost definitely need to be played at your meal. Here goes…

– All I want for Christmas is you

– Fairytale of New York

– Last Christmas

-I Wish it could be Christmas everyday

Let the games begin

Once you have all pigged out on your massive Christmas dinners and puddings, this is when the games begin. This is when your true talent comes out to shine, go all out on the drinking games because this one time we have an excuse to get absolutely wasted and that simply is ‘Its Christmas’. If you really want to get into it, an idea for a game whilst high on the Christmas spirit and drunk (obviously), is to put a wonderful picture of a reindeer on the wall, spin round blindfolded which is very entertaining after a few drinks, and then to try and stick the nose in the right place. You know that us students love a childish game to play every now and then so we don’t have to feel like adults.

After your day has been completed, then its up to you and your housemates whether you stay in and watch some films or go out and get even more drunk. However, I think we all know the answer here and that would be…

PARTY ON!