Everything happening in Leeds this week to build up your end of term excitement

Two weeks until the temporary freedom of Christmas

With two weeks of term to go, we’re all beginning to flag (if we weren’t already). To keep your motivation and will to live alive for a little longer, here are the top events in Leeds this week.

Pumarosa, Brudenell Social Club, Tuesday 28th

General admission tickets are £9.90 and doors open 7:30 pm. Have a listen and see what you think.

Northlane, The Key Club, Wednesday 29th

Tickets are currently sold out, but there will always be people selling them last minute because their friend dropped out or they’d just rather stay in bed and eat chicken nuggets. Either way, you’re in there if you know where to look and you’re patient enough. They were £13.20, so don’t be fooled into paying any more unless you’re truly desperate.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb3uvP_Fw02/?hl=en&taken-by=northlane

Stone Sour, First Direct Arena, Thursday 30th

‘Slipknot unmasked – or Corey Taylor and James Root’s ‘other’ band – Stone Sour offers a more introspective and intimate take on music, thus the absence of their masks. Stone Sour generate music for the sheer passion of it; not concerning themselves with any particular genre, rather maintaining a sound based upon good hard rock, killer melody and emotional peaks and valleys. A Molotov cocktail of pure rock adrenaline with a splash of melody.’ Tickets start from £32.47 if this sounds like something you’d be interested in.

Ricky Gervais, First Direct Arena, Friday 1st

Famous for his shows ‘The Office’ and ‘Derek’, Ricky Gervais is currently touring with his current show ‘Humanity’, doors open at 7:30 pm. Tickets are £35.90.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets in Concert, First Direct Arena, Saturday 2nd

The event starts at 6:30 pm and ticket prices are currently £55.00. This might be pretty steep but any hardcore fans would be willing to pay.

Liam Gallagher, First Direct Arena, Sunday 3rd

Notorious Liam Gallagher will be playing in Leeds this Sunday. Doors open at 6:00 pm and the curfew is at 11:00.