Everything happening in Leeds this week

Your week sorted

With essay deadlines looming, now more than ever we need to have an outlet before we explode from stress. Christmas is ever closer, but certainly not close enough.

Candy Mechanics, Trinity Leeds, for the next three weeks

If you’ve ever wanted to eat your own face and complete the circle of narcissism, you’ve now got your chance. Candy Mechanics take a 3D scan of your face and then carve it into chocolate of your choosing. It only takes a few minutes and it’s a really interesting process to watch.

Lucy Rose, Brudenell Social Club, Tuesday 7th

‘Just four singles in, and with her star firmly in the ascendant, Warwickshire songstress Lucy Rose is making her own destiny and shaping her future like no other new artist. A mixture of true grit, sheer dedication and an unshakeable sense of self has all led Lucy to the kind of status that most new artists dream of but can only achieve through record company support.’ Doors open at 7:30 pm.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbF_aylnHE0/?hl=en&taken-by=lucyroseparton

Big Thief, Brudenell Social Club, Wednesday 8th

“Big Thief’s music, rooted in the songs of Adrianne Lenker, paints in vivid tones “the process of harnessing pain, loss, and love, while simultaneously letting go, looking into your own eyes through someone else’s, and being okay with the inevitability of death,” says Adrianne.” If this appeals to you,  the event is from 7:30 until 11 pm. There are currently few tickets left, but there is a waiting list you can join.

Emily Barker, The Wardrobe, Friday 10th

Emily Barker is the award-winning writer and performer of the theme to BBC TV crime drama Wallander starring Kenneth Branagh. With her former band The Red Clay Halo, she provided the atmospheric theme to noir thriller The Shadow Line. She has toured extensively all over the world, including an appearance at the Olympics opening ceremony alongside friend and collaborator Frank Turner.’

Scouting For Girls, O2 Academy Arena, Saturday 11th

The event opens at 6pm. Tickets are currently sold out, but there are always people selling them last minute. Happy hunting.