Image may contain: Vegetable, Squash, Pumpkin, Person, People, Human

Every single reason why going to a small uni is better than a big city one

I’m looking at you Trinity

It's easy to see why the likes of Oxbridge and Uni of Leeds are more commonly thought of when considering university. They've got the reputation thing down to a T. Pretty buildings, edgy students and the whole 'employers like the high league' scenario.

But let's not forget the true underdogs here, the non-Russell Group wonders, the likes of GuildHE and those unaffiliated rascals. If you've ever had to defend your uni because it doesn't have it's own 3 floor nightclub, this one's for you:

Everyone is in one place

A lot of small uni's have residences on campus meaning literally everyone you know is within a 3 minute walk. People going to lectures in pyjamas is commonplace and a spontaneous session is offered daily. It's the best of both worlds.

The smoking area is the epicenter of gossip

Image may contain: Portrait, Head, Human, Person, People

Every morning, every evening and pretty much at every point through the day and night, the smoking shelter is alive with the buzz of what's happening on campus. Not sure if a guy is single? Go to the smokers. Don't know when the post room opens? Go to the smokers. Don't know what to have for dinner? Go to the smokers.

House parties are offered at every turn

Image may contain: Shelf, Refrigerator, Fridge, Appliance

It's a well known fact that the best and most missed part of high school are house parties. On campus housing brings those bad boys back to life and with no one needing a taxi home, they last all night. It also makes it extremely easy to take someone back to bed with you and even easier to kick them out again in the morning. (But you will definitely end up seeing them in the corridor later!)

The reputation has a lot of advantages

Image may contain: Human, Person, People

The quieter reputation of the smaller uni's do have a lot of perks. The nice quiet kids at Trinity have a much better chance at getting a term time job over those pesky, alcoholic Uni of kids. Plus it can never hurt that people find you surprisingly wild in the bedroom, if you know what I mean.

It's personal and everyone understands that

Lecturers and student support get to know you on a more personal level, something that would be difficult in a lecture theater of 300. They genuinely care about your well being and will happily help you out with anything your little heart desires, not just hand you a flyer and tell you to have a nice day.

Laziness is underrated and everyone understands that too

Image may contain: Chair, Furniture, Couch

When getting to your lecture or down to the library from bed takes exactly 34 and 48 seconds respectively, you can't deny it's handy. Plus the on campus Starbucks and canteens make hangover food a breeze. (The spicy meatball panini is a tried and true winner).

Friends are family and they'll look after you like their own life depends on it

Image may contain: Drink, Beverage, Alcohol, Party, Crowd, Human, Person, People

Being able to see your friends so effortlessly and so often makes it ridiculously easy to become family. It's too difficult to retain feuds when you see each other in the corridor everyday, so you just don't. You help zip up the skin tight dress, you buy your neighbour more butter because you used it all, and you carry on.

In short, small unis are the non familial, incestuous heart of this great nation and they refuse to be ignored.