We asked students to tell us their biggest dating turn offs

‘If she writes for The Tab’

You know the drill, you're lying in bed with your bestie, both swiping on Tinder, both chatting to seven guys at once and both mumbling "fugly", "fit" and "in what world" under your breath. You're probably disagreeing on the definiton of "hot" and whether a guy with a six pack is trying too hard, a catfish or you just don't give a shit, because he's fucking beautiful.

So you get a date. Or maybe, you get a few. You persuade yourself that they'll look better in person and when you have doubts, your bestie is there to shout, "can you actually be more shallow?!" No, I cannot.

But when you're matching that winged liner in preparation for the date, what's that one thing you're concerned about? What's the one turn off that you just can't compromise on?

Jordyn, Law, Uni of Leeds

"When a guy has radically different political views to me. I'd never shag a Tory."

Katie, Law, Uni of Leeds

"When a guy lasts for all of two seconds."

Tragic.

Tom, Chemical Engineering, Uni of Leeds

"If she writes for The Tab."

Guess I don't stand a chance.

Guess I don't stand a chance.

Kate, Music, Uni of Birmingham

"When a lad is incredibly thick and asks things like, 'what's gnocchi? Haven't seen that at Dominoes'".

Iconic.

Charlie, Maths, Newcastle Uni

"Making assumptions about what you'll be doing after the date, i.e. going back to theirs."

Georgia, English Lit, Uni of Leeds

"Shorter than me."

Hannah, Chemistry, Warwick Uni

"Manners. Be a gentleman, screw feminism."

Who needs to be wined and dined when you have the gals

Ed, English Lit, Uni of Leeds

"Guys who don't care about how they look."

Tilly, English Lit and Spanish, Uni of Leeds

"Checking their phone constantly, like do you ALWAYS need to refresh Twitter every two seconds."

And yet, we sit on Tinder for 23 hours a day. Basic white hoe probs.

Chantelle, Medicine, Uni of Leeds

"Intimidated by my ambition."

Strong independent women all the wayyyy

Strong independent women all the wayyyy

George, English Lit, Uni of Leeds

"Instant feels. Stop."