Everything happening in Leeds this week

Your week sorted

With Fresher’s week officially gone until next year, the stress of the upcoming year is mounting. If you’re hoping to avoid any more breakdowns in the Brotherton, this is the guide for you.

The Strypes, Brudenell Social Club, Monday 9th October

If you’re still reeling from Beckett’s win last week, have a trip down to Hyde Park to watch The Strypes. Doors open at 7:30 pm and tickets on the door are £13.00.

Impractical Jokers Tour, First Direct Arena, Tuesday 10th October

If anyone finds these guys funny because it happened to be on after ‘Friends’, then this may be the event for you. Ticket prices vary from £35.15 to £63.95.

Daniel Sloss, The Wardrobe, Wednesday 11th

Doors open at 7:00 pm and the event starts at 7:30. General admission is currently priced at £14.85. ‘Star of TV’s ‘Conan’ (a record seven appearances), to-date Daniel has performed nine sell-out Edinburgh Fringe’s, two solo off-Broadway seasons, released a DVD, given a ‘Tedx’ Talk (aged19) and tours extensively to rave reviews throughout Australasia, USA, UK and Europe.’

Cunninlynguists, The Wardobe, Friday 13th

The event starts at 7:30 pm and tickets are currently £15.40. ‘There has never been an anomaly in hip-hop quite like the southern trio CunninLynguists. Sampling genres from psych-rock to blues, New Romantic to polka, they have been musically compared to UGK and Atmosphere in the same breath.’

Little Mix, First Direct Arena, Saturday 14th

‘Since 2011 Perrie Edwards, Jesy Nelson, Leigh-Anne Pinnock and Jade Thirlwall have established themselves as one of British pop’s brightest acts. With their new album ‘Glory Days’, led by the glorious and cheeky lead single ‘Shout Out To My Ex’, this is only going to make this fact even more glaringly obvious.’ Tickets are from £25.

CHON, Brudenell Social Club, Saturday 14th

Doors open at 7:30 pm and tickets are £12.00 in advance. ‘While playing shows on the emo and post-hardcore scene, Chon’s tunes were influenced from the start by jazz, prog rock, and even classical tendencies.’