All the stages of a night out at Fruity that every Leeds student will know

If you say you hate it you’re lying to yourself

Fruity may not be Beaverworks or Applebum, but it's somewhere you're guaranteed to have a good time. It's cheap, close to home and there's music to suit almost everyone. Here are the stages of a night at Fruity that you'll definitely have experienced:

You buy your ticket, after telling everyone you weren't going

After last weekend you told yourself you were going to branch out and try somewhere new – somewhere edgy and cool complete with an up and coming grime artist you've definitely never heard of. Then it gets to Monday and you hear all of your friends are going to Fruity as usual and you just can't resist the thought of paying £4 to sing your heart out to some good old fashioned pop music.

You get ready for pres and dress in, well, whatever you want

One of the best parts of going to fruity as that you can turn up in pretty much whatever the hell you want and you'll fit in just fine. Maybe you're feeling a casual jeans and t-shirt combo, or maybe you want to push the boat out and rock up in a sheer bodysuit and leather skirt. Either way, you'll have the best time and probably still be able to pull. Just remember, no outfit is complete without that classic Leeds glitter.

Its time for pres with your squad

Whether its housemates, coursemates or a mix of both, a couple of hours beforehand you'll turn up at the house of whoever lives closest to the union, bottle of vodka in hand. You'll no doubt play a few rounds of ring of fire or boatrace (or any game at all so long as you change the rules to get everyone pissed as fast as possible) to get yourself prepared for the night ahead. It's all accompanied by a bangin' Spotify playlist and prayers that you won't have to down a dirty pint.

One of your mates who was "just coming to pres" suddenly realises what a huge mistake they've made

You all knew it was coming, it's impossible to get smashed at pres and not want to come out afterwards, no matter how much you convince yourself beforehand. At this point you'll be hungover tomorrow anyway, so why not just enjoy yourself properly? This realisation is followed by a desperate hunt across Facebook for anyone selling a ticket. They'll no doubt end up paying £10 for it, but they don't regret it at all.

You get to Fruity and find your spot on the dance floor

Unless you get to Fruity at 11pm (don't do that, it totally ruins the party vibe you had going at pres) the dance floor will be totally packed by the time you get there. It's important to push through all the sweaty bodies and establish a spot for your squad so that when one of you inevitably gets separated later, they'll be able to find their way back. Make sure to choose somewhere close to the stairs for easy access to the bar and toilets.

Two of you head to the bar in the hopes of bagging a free drink or two

Let's be honest, you drank so much at pres you definitely don't need another drink, but the thrill of flirting your way to a free one is just too hard to resist. You pick out two guys who are standing alone, probably post-grads who are too old to be there, and work your charms. It doesn't take long before you're swinging your hips back over to the dance floor, jagerbombs in hand.

You bump into your course crush and struggle to keep your cool

He taps you on the shoulder as you enter the RnB room and you almost have a heart attack when he leans over to give you a hug. You don't know if it's the alcohol or the friendly Fruity vibes, but your usually distant true love from your seminar seems genuinely happy to see you. It's too loud to really talk so in your drunken state you think the best option to smile and nod your head to the music. You convince yourself this is the start of something special, but chances are he won't even remember saying hi.

Pestering the photographer until you get that perfect cover photo

We're all guilty of this, forgetting that the photographer is an actual human being and not just a moving camera. You spot the flash out of the corner of your eye while headbanging and you know what you have to do. You grab your friends and arrange yourselves into a vague drunken pose before grabbing the photographer. You'll have to wait a whole minute for him to finally take the photo but you're sure its perfect, that is, until you check Facebook in the morning and cringe at what a mess you all look.

You attempt to find the girls' toilets and feel like you've been on a trek through the Amazon Rainforest

I swear I'll be at the end of my degree and still won't be able to take the right stairs to the toilets first time. Is it right past the cloakroom, or is that the Indie room? Either way, you'll eventually make it and encounter all the usual fun; sharing makeup, drinks and drama all while handing out enough compliments to last a lifetime.

Someone ends up crying in the smoking area

Your best friend tells you they're too hot and need some fresh air so they drag you to the smoking area, as if that's going to help. After grabbing a cigarette from a stranger (they don't normally smoke, promise) they burst into tears over their latest boy/girl troubles, as if it were the worst night of their life. You try to be sympathetic, but you know all it will take to get them back inside is the offer of a free shot of tequila and "Dancing in the Moonlight".

Someone goes home with a stranger

There's some kind of curse that goes with a trip to Fruity; if you say you're not going to pull tonight, you will definitely pull tonight. It starts with them kissing that stranger who has been following you both all night, next minute you see them grinding on the sofas, and you know you won't be seeing them until the end of their walk of shame tomorrow.

You grab some VKs and scream along to Mr Brightside

It's overplayed, it's cheesy, but it's still an absolute tune.

The lights come up and you head out for a well earned takeaway

It's Crispy's if you're heading back to Hyde Park or Flames if you're a Woodhouse gal, either way these are the best chips you've ever had in your life. You walk home, makeup running off your face and feeling a little sick, ready to sleep it off and do it all again next Friday

Fruity 'till the end.

Photo Credits: Fruity Facebook Page