Death of Leeds Beckett student not thought to be suspicious

His injuries are still unaccounted for

The death of 21-year-old Leeds Beckett student, Harry Loker, is not thought to be suspicious according to the police investigating his death.

Harry had been on a night out in Leeds city centre on Thursday night before returning to the house on Royal Park Avenue in the early hours of Friday morning. He was later found dead just after 9:15am on Friday, with a number of injuries that could not be accounted for following a post-mortem.

Detective Chief Inspector Jaz Khan, of West Yorkshire Police Protective Services Crime, said: “We have been carrying out extensive enquiries into Harry’s death including a detailed examination of the scene by forensic experts, and there are no obvious suspicious circumstances.

“His death is being treated as unexplained and a file is being prepared for the Coroner so that an inquest can be held in due course.

“While we do now have a clearer picture of his movements up to him arriving back at the house we would still be interested to hear from anyone who has seen him at the property in the hours before he was found so that information can assist the Coroner.”

Anyone with information is asked to contact Leeds District CID via 101 quoting 1317426310.