There’s just no denying it, Leeds is a beautiful place to live

There really is more to Leeds than Crispy’s

Maybe you have only visited Leeds once before for an open day, but now you find yourself moving halfway across the country to study here and you have no idea what to expect. Or you may be coming back to Leeds after spending months away over summer and you literally can’t remember what life in the city looks like outside Eddy B. Either way, Leeds is a beautiful city to live and study in, so keep scrolling to remind yourself why.

Victoria Arcade

With a number of mosaics and an interior made of marble and colourful glass, Victoria Arcade is the most beautiful and extravagant centre in the north, let alone in Leeds.

The Alhambra Garden – Roundhay Park

Roundhay is only a short bus ride away from the center, where these speciality gardens are known as the most beautiful part of Leeds (they are also not too far from some of the best independent bars and coffee shops in Oakwood).

The Corn Exchange

The home of Yorkshire’s first Hummus and Pita Bar, independent fashion stores for your edgy Leeds essentials and free Ping Pong… Leeds Corn Exchange is a beautiful students dream.

Leeds Dock

If you are new to Leeds you will probably be surprised that a city in the middle of the country has a dock, but it does… and it is where you can find yet more bars, pizza and even a waterfront festival in the summer.

Victoria Gate

If you think this shopping centre looks beautiful now, you should see it at Christmas.

The Great Hall

Let’s be honest, you choose to look around Leeds when you saw the Great Hall in the prospectus and then set it as your firm choice as soon as you saw it on the open day. Even on cloudy and rainy days this building looks beautiful, which is good because there is a lot of rain in Leeds.

Woodhouse Moor

Woodhouse Moor is basically the garden of Hyde Park and is only a short walk from uni, it is also guaranteed to look even more beautiful in the Autumn semester.