Everything you’ll miss about freshers once you start second year

I guess I should start caring now

Every fresher knows that the first year of university doesn't count towards your degree. It's basically your motto every Friday night, exam season, essay week, middle of the week sesh. Basically anytime you need an excuse to drink and not do any work, you rave about how "first year doesn't even count you only need to pass". Until second year comes around, and you start to freak out a little because suddenly you can't fuck around anymore. You might even have to actually do some work. Gutted.

'Sesh life never ends!'

Well it ends at some point or at least needs a bit of toning down. It's time to say goodbye to getting completely smashed from Monday through Sunday because you actually have to worry about getting decent grades. You also have to stop skipping lectures and pay attention. I mean we all know that no one really watches every single lecture capture and make notes.

The times you didn't spend in the library

As a fresher, there's really no need to go hit the books in Eddy B or Laidlaw, when there are people who are desperately counting on their library sesh to get a first. But since you're not part of the newbie club anymore, it's time for you to book a study booth with your friends!

Goodbye student accommodation

It really sucks to know that you'll no longer be living in the place where everything began- all the friends you've made, the messy pres in the kitchen and beer pong in the common area, but most importantly having someone to take out the bins for you. Having your own house in your second year might seem exciting, but you might not get to see some of your other friends as often.

I'll miss you guys!

I'll miss you guys!

Freshers' Week is no longer about you

Sure, there's refreshers but it's just not the same. You're not really the centre of the hype now and it's utterly tragic. Your love for Fruity during freshers is no longer the same, meanwhile it's the only thing newcomers are talking about. Freshers' Fair is definitely old news because by now, you've already joined the societies you wanted and probably won't be getting out of your comfort zone.

Please, I need attention.

Please, I need attention.

Meeting new people gets tougher

Second year is all about settling down with the things you already know. For most people, they've formed their own social circles during freshers and it's probably not going to change much. You're going to hang out with the same group of mates every day, and you're getting comfortable. That is unless you actually make the effort to meet new people in your course or society.

Being totally care free when it comes to your future because you've 'only just started uni you've got ages left'

This just might be the thing you're going to miss the most. First year is all about letting you discover your interests and develop them. If you're still trying to figure out what to do with your degree and if you've chosen the right course in your second year, it's a bit late. Meanwhile, your friends are applying for internships to amp up their CVs.

Getting absolutely wankered on a night out

Because that is totally freshers behaviour, and your housemates will not stand for looking after you every night out anymore. You wanna get so smashed you can't walk straight and no taxi will pick you up? Fine, but you're on your own mate. Try not to get run over on your way back home.