Are you even a Leeds student if you don’t own these things?

They’re basically a rite of passage

Every uni has their own stereotypical style and attitude. But, can you even be considered a student if you don't own the things defining your uni. In Leeds, the "edgy" style is something that cannot be surpassed and are you even a Leeds student if you don't join in?

Glitter / Anything sparkly

Go down to Canal Mills or Beaver Works and everyone will be plastered in glitter, wearing something that sparkles in any light. Shining like the sun is something that seemingly defines a Leeds night out. Just don't be the only one that owns the glitter, you'll soon realise that's a bad idea.

Sequins, glitter AND a bumbag? We're smashing it

The puffa jacket

Whether it's the typical Urban Outfitters puffa jacket, or even a vintage one you found on depop, you won't find many people during winter not sporting one of these bad boys. Warm, stylish, "edgy" – they're the perfect investment for any Leeds student.

Ashamed to say, I am the proud owner of 'that green puffa'

Vintage sportswear

Whether it's Nike, Adidas, Ellesse or Fila, guaranteed you will find at least one of these brands in the wardrobe of a Leeds student.

Funky, patterned trousers

The festival style has definitely been transported into the clubs of Leeds. Loose, patterned trousers are the statement that is needed on a night out and, as well as being stylish, they're definitely more comfortable than skinny jeans.

Dirty trainers

It's definitely not "cool" if you're trainers are gleaming and brand new. Dirty trainers prove to the world that you've been on nights out, had fun, ruined your trainers. So before stepping out in your gleaming new trainers, make sure to muck them up a bit first.

A high tolerance for alcohol

Let's be honest, Leeds students can drink. You won't get far if you're the friend that is wasted after one cider and has to be carried home halfway through the evening. Build up your tolerance, your liver might not thank you for it but your friends definitely will.