A cocktail campervan is coming to Leeds this summer, because what else would you expect in Leeds

What could be better?

Hide Images

Summer means a few things: sunshine, festivals and good times, but nothing shouts all that more than cocktails served out of a travelling campervan.

Timmy Wright, 28, and Chris Newman, 43, have managed to convert a 1973 van into a funky bus to serve drinks at weddings and events. The creation of the Liquor Lab was a family dream as the renovations of ‘Mabel’ the camper were supported and financially aided by Chris’ father, Trevor.

Despite financial, mechanical, and personal setbacks Chris and Timmy have now fully completed works on the camper.

They told the Yorkshire Evening Post, “It was like driving a boat and sounded like an old school broken vacuum. Once I got used to the gears and its wide turns, we were soon roaring down the motorway at 35mph until she started to slow down and lop to one side. I looked back and notice the wheel had fallen of. I called Chris and he came and towed us the rest of the way.”

He continued: “Despite the constant setbacks, we were not going to quit. Chris’s father believed we could do it and gave us his last penny to pursue our dream. Between us we managed to bump and scrape whatever we could. All our savings were spent, but we were getting somewhere.”

Mabel, now painted lilac, is kitted out with bar fittings and launched as Liquor Lab Events. She made her debut at Timmy’s own wedding, and is now available for hire.

For those interested in some campervan cocktails, ‘Mabel’ will be at Leeds Pride.