Leeds is in the top 40 of best LGBT cities around the world

Leeds Leeds Leeds

Hide Images

“To celebrate LGBT Pride Month and commemorate the 48th anniversary of the Stonewall Riots”, Nestpick have considered thousands of potential destinations around the world before shortlisting 100 cities and ranking them. Leeds came in 39th, while Madrid, Amsterdam, Toronto, Tel Aviv and London were the top 5.

Nestpick said “for a city to rank strongly as an LGBT destination, we determined that it must have a vibrant gay dating scene, a lively alternative nightlife, open minded citizens, and low levels of hate crime. We also took into account the national laws affecting lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people, such as the right to get married or adopt children. Once calculated, the final scores reveal the top 100 Best LGBT Cities for 2017.”

Leeds received a for 3.45 dating, 3.90 for LGBT nightlife, 3.45 for openness in city, 2.77 for safety, a 5 for LGBT rights and finally 18.57 out of 25 overall.

“It’s no coincidence that the world’s most exciting cities have a strong LGBT community, contributing much to the dynamism, openness and prosperity which defines locations such as Madrid, Amsterdam and Berlin”, states Ömer Kücükdere, Managing Director of Nestpick.