University of Leeds has been awarded gold from the Teaching Excellence Framework

Is anyone really surprised?

The University of Leeds was awarded a gold rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF), which is the new method to assessing the quality of teaching. By receiving gold, the University of Leeds has been judged as delivering ‘consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for students, of the highest quality found in the UK.’

In fact, out of 299 UK universities only 59 were gold, so the University of Leeds is in the top 20%. That means that we also have the same rating as Cambridge and Oxford.

Leeds Beckett University was awarded a silver, Leeds City College a bronze, Leeds College of Art a silver and Leeds Trinity a silver.

In comparison, Manchester got a silver, The University of Lancaster a gold, the University of Lincoln a gold, and the University of Liverpool a bronze.

Professor Tom Ward, Deputy Vice-Chancellor, said: “This award is also timely as we launch our new online campaign, #ToBeLeeds, which celebrates the exceptional student experience and what it means to be staff, students and alumni to be part of the Leeds experience.”