We know who you should vote for in the general election based on your Leeds uni halls

Corbyn drinks red stripes at Lupton, May sips on port at Charles Morris

Hide Images

The general election is nearly upon us, but that doesn’t mean anyone is any less interested in it. Have you decided who you’re voting for yet? Most people probably haven’t, unless you’re a student cos they’re getting rid of graduate debts AND legalising weed. Definitely gonna do well in Leeds. But don’t fret if you haven’t decided yet, cos we’re about to make the whole process a lot easier. Your halls of residence in first year don’t just define your social life for freshers, they’re also a very good tell for who you should vote for. Every halls relates to a different party – which one is yours?

Just because you go to Charles Morris doesn’t mean you’re a Tory. Just means your Dad is. And who are we kidding? You too, probably. From the divided Devonshire to the community less Central Village – find out what party your halls are, and who you should vote for.

You would def see Corbyn drinking red stripe in Lupton

It’s a battered and bruised gated council estate way out of the prosperous city. But it grows on you. Everyone who’s at Lupton loves Lupton. No one else seems to like it. That doesn’t get us down though.

It’s a community, a collection of homes not houses. Not another slapdash try hard avant-garde block of flats in the city. The people quickly make up for the shabby exterior and decaying interior. The walk may seem far at first but after a while, it’s not that bad. At least you’re going somewhere. You can always take the bus.

Charles Morris is strong, stable and full of posh toffs

A wretched hive of bankers and wankers. But at least you’ve got each other. So much for those strong and stable meal cards. Your support may have been strong at the start of the year with that completely oversubscribed list, but that’s only because no ones had a sense of the sesh and community at Lupton.

Devonshire is divided like UKIP, a coalition of the working class and upper middle

Oh it’s a bit confusing isn’t it, this catered non-catered lark. You’re meant to be all from the same place but you’re not. You’re divided. United by that one aims to have a good time and not be surrounded completely by Tories. At the end of the day though the two sides will only see each other a few times a year.

Champagne socialism at Central Village, it’s Green all over

Buying champagne for everyone doesn’t make you a socialist. It doesn’t even make you a champagne socialist. It means you use daddy’s money to bury your middle-class guilt.

Lib Dem: not quite poor enough for Lupton, not quite rich enough for Charles Morris, just right for James Baillie

Not quite rich or uptight enough for the posh halls but enough self-respect to avoid the rubble at Lupton.

Rugby with the Charles Morris boys and Red Stripes with the Lupton lads. You play the field. You have a good time. But you’re sensible. You all have your fun together. You’ll dabble in ket but still come out with a 2:1 in History or Economics.

Beyond the wall lies Liberty Dock

North of the north. Takes several coaches to even get anywhere close to your neck of the woods but you all seem to enjoy the time you have together in your own little independent way.

In the country somewhere lies Plaid Cymru (does anyone know how to pronounce that?), it’s Oxley

You exist somewhere. No one really knows where. Wales, maybe?