We asked students what they regret most from their first year at uni

A lot of alchohol leads to bad decisions

With the end of the academic year quickly approaching we can almost sense the new waves of freshers that will soon swarm campus. With that in mind, The Tab decided to ask a number of students what they regret the most from their first year. It was a mixed bag; from fuckboys to bitches to missed opportunities, this has it all.

Meg, Law, Second Year

“I regret not taking full advantage of edge gym membership being included in accommodation because I put on wayyy too much weight in first year.”

Alex, English, Third Year

“I regret getting way too attached to a fuckboy from back home and not properly enjoying my first few weeks as a fresher.”

Jack, Economics, Second Year

“So basically a game of vodka pong where no one else actually drank the vodka ended up with me very smashed and drinking like 5 shots in one go with a drop of Dr Pepper for mixer. So I was considerably drunk when I stumbled from pre-drinks to the bus stop. But that’s where my memory has gone.

The next day I was informed that I somehow got past the bouncers at fruity but then ended up being helped by the St. John’s ambulance out of fruity and then taken home by my friend. I then woke up the next day in my friend’s bed which was identical to mine so I was very confused. But I least I woke up in time to go to work very hungover two hours later.”

Serena, English, First Year

“I regret not discovering Fuzzy Logic sooner.”

Charlotte, History, First Year

“I regret missing out on a lot of quality time with some real friends because I was sucked in by some bitches and was naive enough to think I had enough friends.”

Lucy, Classics, First Year

“I regret being so nervous about making friends that I settled for the first people I met and then let myself be walked over by a bunch of fucking dicks instead of giving myself time to find the good friends that I have now.”

Abby, Japanese, First Year

“I wish that I’d socialised more with my course mates.”

Vijay, Physics, Third Year

“I wish that I wore more clothes after I came back from a party wearing someone else’s bra and tights, and on reflection that was a bad decision.”

Robyn, English, First Year

“I regret not listening to all the articles that say to break up with your boyfriend before you arrive. I think you brush off advice so much in the first semester and then second semester you realise they were right all along.”

Sam, Maths, Second Year

“I regret not being stricter with cleaning in my accommodation because it ended up in a load of nasty fights and bother I didn’t need.”