Here’s a list of everything that’s happening in Leeds this week that doesn’t involve exams or revision

Your week is sorted

Stress is high and if you’re needing a night out that isn’t your regular trip to Fruity or Mission, here’s everything else that’s happening this week. Exams are a myth anyway so you might as well just go to some of these if any of them take your fancy. With Slam Dunk over the weekend, exams will be a distant memory.

Wheatus, Brudenell Social Club, Monday 22nd

The doors open at 7:30 pm and tickets are priced at £17.50. “Wheatus is a showcase for the songs of singer/guitarist Brendan B. Brown, who has a taste for catchy, guitar-driven pop/rock, a gift for gab, and a snotty attitude.” Famous for the song Teenage Dirtbag, if this sounds like it would be worth sacrificing a night of revision for then you know what you’re doing.

Into The Ark, Oporto, Tuesday 23rd

For fans of Paolo Nutini, Jack Johnson and Skinny Living, Into the Ark will be playing on Tuesday. Tickets are currently priced around £7.00 and the event starts at 7:30 pm. “Picked up by Paolo Nutini’s manager and picking up attention this summer for their groove rich live show and dulcet tones, these boys are ones to watch.”

Angel Olsen, Leeds University Stylus, Tuesday 23rd

Doors open at 7:30 pm and tickets are priced around £15.00. “Yet the strange, raw power and slowly unspooling incantations of her previous efforts remain, so anyone who might attempt to pigeonhole Olsen as either an elliptical outsider or a pop personality is going to be wrong whichever way they choose – Olsen continues to reign over the land between the two with a haunting obliqueness and sophisticated grace.”

Tom Hingley and the Kar Pets, Belgrave Music Hall, Thursday 25th

Doors open at 7:00 pm and it lasts until 11:00 pm and tickets are £11.00. “The Kar-Pets/an Inspiral Carpets tribute band, with a notable difference from other tributes in that they feature former lead singer of the Inspirals, Tom Hingley, a member of the Inspiral Carpets from 1989 to 2011 and sang on all the bands hits and four albums.”

Slam Dunk Festival, Millennium Square, Sunday 28th

As part of the Slam Dunk Festival – North, The Maine will be performing in Millennium Square on Sunday, as will Don Broco, Deaf Havana, and Enter Shikari. Tickets are £44 and it starts at 1:00 pm. If you’re lucky enough to live near Central Village you won’t even need tickets because you’ll be able to hear it out of the window.

Frank Iero, Leeds City Centre, Sunday 28th

Frank Iero and the Patience are currently on tour and will be in Leeds City Centre on Sunday. The rhythm guitarist and backup vocalist of the rock band My Chemical Romance is working on the solo punk rock project which will be playing in Leeds. While there isn’t currently a lot of information about this performance, more will likely become available closer to the event.