Leeds’ BNOC of the Year 2017: the Final

Only the best of the best have made it this far

We have the finalists for BNOC 2017. It’s nearly over. Only the best two from each round made it through to the final, and you know what to do. Keep scrolling and vote for your winner.

Joseph Coventry, First Year, Music Production student

His nickname is Big Joe, and according to his mates everyone in his accommodation knows his name. He hasn’t attended uni all semester, he once “passed out in Munich and woke up thinking he was in Mint Warehouse”, and he also once wrote the entire lyrics of ‘Don’t You Want Me Baby’ on a girl’s wall because she didn’t want to go on a date with him. But he did also once complete the Otley Run in full, and promised a girl from his accomodation that he would bring her back some cheesy chips from Crispy’s on his way home. So there is a nice guy there too it seems.

Jess Mitchell, First Year, Law student

Jess is the social sec for development netball, the sports sec for law, and she knows all the DJs in Leeds. She once got scouted for glamour magazine from her beauty blog, but she turned it down because she said she was too good for that, and when people add her on Facebook, they can’t because she has too many friend requests to answer already.

Funniest story? She was once catfished by people who used her pics, said they were from Adelaide and worked in Woolworths.

Samantha Abraham, Fresher, Fashion Design

The person who nominated Samantha said that she should be a BNOC because of the “sheer number of sex stories”. What they are will remain a mystery. Although the funniest things to have happened to Sam is that once a “drunk guy she saved from the street did his business in her en suite and covered it with a bath mat, she also had a guy stop over for sex and he escaped around the flat (in all of his nude glory) and got into a flatmate’s bed”.

Callum Simpson, Fresher, Sociology

The person who nominated Sociology fresher Callum said that he is “fucking hilarious , never misses a night out, smashes scenes”. Now that does sound like BNOC material. Any funny stories? “Ripped his banjo string”. Is that funny or painful? You decide.

Wilf Joules, Fourth Year, German student

This typical lad is out 8 days a week (apparently) and “knows everybody from your nan to the man who cleans the toilets in Roger Stevens.

Mitchell Gladstone, First Year, Computer Science student

He once went to a give it a go in freshers week and ended up hooking up with the president, got their name wrong afterwards and hasn’t been back since. What a lad.