The best places to procrastin-eat in Leeds during exam season

Revision getting you down? Nothing a sweet treat can’t fix

Revision. We quiver at the thought whenever exam season gets remotely close. Spending five hours in the library, only to realise you know just as little as you did before the revising began.

All of this stress is something that can easily be solved. You may ask how? Why? Surely this could not be true? Well, it’s nothing baked goods can’t help with. Here are the best places to distract yourself and procrastin-eat during this exam season.

The Sunshine Bakery

The Sunshine Bakery may not be the easiest bakery to get to but it’ll honestly be worth your time. It’s a good way to give yourself a little break, take a few hours off and enjoy some award winning cupcakes (yes, they really are award winning.) You don’t even have to stop there, if you want even more of a break they offer cupcake decorating classes for those days when you really really can’t face anymore flash cards.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHVLefZgbs_/?taken-at=476545

Love Rouge Bakery

Cakes, cakes and more cakes. When the cupcake craving is calling, the Love Rouge Bakery is the place to go. This cosy little bakery is situated in the Otley Road, making it an easy destination to get to. Their beautiful cupcakes and a cup of tea is enough to take your mind off the revision stress for an hour…or two.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMbhfdHlEjQ/?taken-at=397936973

Just Grand! Vintage Tearoom

The Vintage Tearoom is somewhere to go if you and your friends want to take a couple hours off and give yourself a little afternoon treat. First off, it’s situated in the Grand Arcade in the centre of Leeds so not only will the cakes make your instagram, but the picturesque outside is just as instagramable. The speciality offered by Just Grand! are their Afternoon Teas as well as their distinct vintage decor. It’s definitely a place that you’ll want to go to treat yourself after a hard few days work.

Le Chalet

Le Chalet is another afternoon tea bakery that may tickle your fancy. Their weekday offers are enough to tempt anyone, with half price cakes on Monday’s and free macaroons with every hot drink on Wednesday’s, is that not enough to make you want to visit? It epitomises a French bakery and will give you the feeling you’re on holiday in Paris, rather than slowly suffering through revision in Leeds.

Bagel Nash

Bagel Nash is an option for those of you who may not want a sweet treat, but still want to experience a nice afternoon bakery delight. The clue is in the title, they are all about the bagel. With a few branches around Leeds, there is one local to almost anyone. There is a broad selection of bagels and hot drinks, with any sweet or savoury fillings to satisfy any craving your revision makes you have.

La Bottega Milanese

This dynamic coffee shop is an artisan bakery that will make it seem as though you’re enjoying a hot cup of coffee in central Italy. Coffee is their speciality, but during exam season is there really any problem with that? They do also offer a range of Italian cakes, pastries, breads and even pasta. Why not spend the whole day here eating and working away?

Opposite Cafe

Now, there’s no reason why you can’t have a quick procrastination session in the Opposite Cafe. Situated perfectly opposite the Parkinson Building, wherever you are in Leeds it is pretty central to get to whether it’s on your way in to uni, or your way out. Coffee and homemade fresh food is what’s on offer here and they even have a pleasant little outdoor area to enjoy some of the sunshine, rather than being stuck in the dim-lit library all day.

Mrs Atha’s

Mrs Atha’s is a little family-run coffee shop that serves an all-day breakfast menu, which includes American-style pancakes, sausage buttys, bacon buttys, coffee (of course) and the list goes on. Tucked away behind House of Fraser in the centre of town and reminiscent of a New-York style bakery, this cosy cafe is definitely one to make a visit to.

Laynes Espresso

The main focus here if coffee, and for many of you this is probably the drawing factor to keep you awake through the pages and pages of notes. But as well as their delicious caffeine treats, they also offer cakes and baked goods. Situated right next to the station it’s very easy to get to, especially if you’re wanting to make a quick escape home from the stress of revision.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTtKH1agS11/?taken-at=3905512

So, sorry in advance for the temptations this has had to offer. But, hopefully these Leeds cafe’s and bakeries will inspire you to be able to procrastin-eat effectively this exam season.