Everything happening in Leeds this week

The only guide worth reading

It’s nearly the end of term, exams are approaching and they’re becoming a little harder to ignore. If you don’t fancy doing some revision, or even hitting up the usual clubs this week, here are some of the things that you could be doing instead.

Frankie Ballard, Brudenell Social Club, Monday 1st

Frankie Ballard, an American country music singer-songwriter and guitarist will be appearing in Leeds at the Brudenell Social Club. It starts at 7:30 pm and last entry is at 11 pm. The entry price is £15. So if you want to have a couple of drinks, relax with friends and see some live music, get down to Brudenell Social Club.

Live @ The Library, The Library, Wednesday 3rd

Hosted in The Lending Room, Live @ The Library will start at 7 pm until 12 am, with last entry at 10:30. The minimum age is 18 and tickets cost £2.50. If you’re looking for something a little different to do on your Wednesday nights, have pre drinks and procrastinate for just a little longer.

Distort, o2 Academy, Thursday 4th

‘Leeds’ dedicated alt night Distort is back in with a specially curated series of events, a constantly evolving music playlist showcased by the North’s finest rock DJs. All events are free admission before midnight so make sure you get down and support the Leeds alt scene!’ If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, then get down to the o2 Academy on the 4th. It starts at 11 pm and is only for over 18s.

Bruno Mars, First Direct Arena, Friday 5th

On his 24k Magic World tour, Bruno Mars will be performing at the First Direct Arena. If you’re a fan or just can’t handle going to another club for the fourth time that week, Bruno Mars is a good shout. It starts at 8 pm so you should have a little time for pre drinks before going.

Gok Wan’s Fashion Brunch Club, The Queen’s Hotel, Saturday 6th

‘The stylist, designer, author will let you in on all of his industry secrets and share his passions for all things style. This event promises to be an exciting, uplifting and inspiring experience. We’ll start your special day with a glass of chilled Prosecco and then all we’ll ask of you is that you relax and enjoy the FASHION BRUNCH CLUB.’ Sound fun? Something a little different for your Saturday? The event starts at 11 am and ends at 3 pm, and tickets are £65 so maybe hold off on your daily McDonald’s for a while.

Katatonia, Brudenell Social Club, Sunday 7th

If you’re looking for something a little different and want to take advantage of the variety of music that Leeds has to offer, then try Katatonia. This Swedish metal band will be playing from 7 pm at the Brudenell Social Club.