Meet this week’s BPOC: Harry the pug

He’s known as the ‘King of Hyde Park’

While it’s admittedly unusual for students to harbour pets in their housing, please welcome Harry the pug as Leeds’ Big Pet on Campus.

The owner of this wonderful pup has a tragic backstory as to how she acquired Harry. Louise Lee’s boyfriend bought her a pug but after they split up it fell to Louise to care for him. The proud owner had this to say: “My ex boyfriend does not see him at all. He cheated on me but I don’t even care because now I have the love of my life. Big up H dog.”

Harry has been living in student accommodation for the entire time and her landlord has no idea (shh). Louise says that while maintenance know about Harry, they love him too much to tell the landlord.

Harry is apparently renowned as the “King of Hyde Park” and that when Louise takes him for walks, everyone knows his name. Harry the pug also has a variety of Hawaiian shirts and enjoys breakfast at LS6.

Does your pet have what it takes to become The Tab Leeds’ next Biggest Pet on Campus? Send photos and details of your pet to [email protected] or message The Tab Leeds’ Facebook page.