University of Leeds ranked top in Yorkshire

Is this really surprising though?

The Complete University Guide has published this year’s league table, and the University of Leeds has managed to remain the top university in Yorkshire. This would be the second time that Uni of has beaten York, as Leeds continues to climb in the rankings.

The University of Leeds secured 14th place nationally, with York at 20th and Sheffield at 31st.  Many of Yorkshire’s other universities have dropped in the national rankings this year, with Leeds Trinity (111th) down eight places and Leeds Beckett (121st) down seven. Although not in Yorkshire, Leeds also beat Manchester who were ranked 22nd, just another reason why Leeds is better than Manchester.

In listings covering over seventy subjects, Leeds appears in the top ten for 22 out of the 52 subjects it offers. In subjects like finance and accounting, the University came in top. In other areas, the University remained in a good position with aspects like student satisfaction at 4.15/5.00, research quality at 3.13/4.00, graduate prospects at 81.3/100 and good honours at 84.2/100.0.

The vice-chancellor of the University of Leeds, Sir Alan Langlands, said, “League tables only give a brief insight into what universities can offer, but this reflects the commitment and hard work of our staff and students to provide an outstanding student experience. We are making unparalleled investments in our campus, which along with everything the city has to offer, plays a vital role in making Leeds an exceptional place to live and learn.”