The best bars in Leeds that won’t break the bank

Make that student loan go further

Let’s be honest, it’s pretty cheap to drink anywhere in Leeds, especially when you compare it to the prices of London.

However, there are venues, deals and discounts which make cheap boozing even cheaper – and therefore even boozier. If you’re clever enough, you never have to pay more than £3.50 for a drink, and that is the higher end of the cheap prize range.

Fibre

One of Leeds’ trio of gay bars, Fibre has daily 2-4-1 deals between 12pm – 8pm across spirits, beers and wines, along with cocktails on Mondays and Tuesdays. Students can get £2.50 drinks on Thursdays, and the Fibre app gives you the opportunity to win drinks or deals at the shake of your phone. Head next door to Queens Court for drag and half price drinks between 5pm – 9pm.

Distrikt

Located underground, Distrikt is one of the only places to have a 5pm – 10pm happy hour every Friday. Pints, singles and small glasses of wine are only £2.50, or a bottle of wine will set you back just £10. The tapas here is cheap but tasty, and from around 8pm you get a certain type of buzzed up dancers that makes it the perfect venue for pre-drinking people watching.

Cabana

Known more for its affordable Brazilian food menu, Cabana offers 2-4-1 cocktails from 5pm – 7pm, making it the perfect pit stop for a post-lecture boozy bite. Long island iced teas are one of the included cocktails, meaning you can fit in a whole lot of alcohol for just £3.50.

Hirst’s Yard

Hidden in an alley near Call Lane, Hirst’s Yard has a happy hour running between 4pm – 8pm every day, with wine, spirits and Corona going for just £3. Every Thursday and Saturday features live music, and the customer base here is a solid 8+ out of ten for appearances.

We're now selling our Bad Company range for just £3, come down and don't miss out!

Posted by Hirst's Yard on Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Lazy Lounge

Gin, wine and whisky enthused bar Lazy Lounge runs a happy hour between 4pm – 8pm on weekdays, with wine (£3), prosecco (£3.50), and a Whitney Neil gin and orange (£4) included, alongside beer, lager and cider. Upstairs to the right is a stack of board games, so grab a table and play away the hours if you can handle it.

The Liquorist

Greek Street’s The Liquorist is a quirky bar which offers £5.95 cocktails all day Sunday to Friday, and up to 5pm on Saturdays. Their speciality is a Fizz Bowl: a bottle of prosecco, in a bucket of ice with two liqueurs for DIY cocktails. Normally £20, Pink Gorilla often has a promotion giving you this Instagram worthy deal for just £15.

Fancy something refreshing after work?We have you covered with our £5.95 Mojitos. Check out this great image from one…

Posted by The Liquorist on Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Decanter

For a more upmarket vibe, Decanter (located on Park Row) offers half price prosecco and wine Monday to Wednesday, 5pm – 7pm; wine starts at £2.50, prosecco from £3 and prosecco cocktails are two for £7. Spirits and beers also benefit, coming in at £3 each.

Mook

Often overlooked, perhaps due to the dubious smell that haunts its indoors, Mook’s happy hour runs from 4pm – 2am on Sundays and Mondays, making it the perfect place for a late night discount. Tuesdays and Wednesdays, happy hour is 4pm – 9pm, and the rest of the week discounts are between 12pm – 9pm.

Graduating this week? 241 on cocktails and bottles of Sol all night Sunday to Thursday and until 9pm Friday & Saturday at Mook. Come on in and celebrate!! XX

Posted by Mook on Monday, July 11, 2016

Oracle

Oracle is fairly overpriced, unless you take advantage of their Fizz Fridays deal. From 5pm until the kitchen closes, grab a main and two hours of unlimited prosecco for £20. They run a similar bottomless deal on weekends for brunches, if you’d rather start early.

There are a tonne of chains in Leeds, all which offer pretty good happy hours. Turtle Bay runs until 7pm, and then after 10pm. Revolucion de Cuba (3pm – 7pm Monday to Friday, 5pm – 7pm Saturdays) gives teacup cocktails for £12, as well as deals on cider, lager and cocktails. Also Las Iguana’s 2-4-1 on cocktails lasts all day, every day, including pitchers.

So next time instead of heading to Terrace, venture a little further and you might find your new favourite hangout.