Beckett Law grad who claimed he ‘attended’ Yale on CV fined £2,000

He also implied he had a degree from the University of Leeds

A Leeds Beckett law graduate who claimed he “attended” Yale University on his CV has been condemned with a £2,000 fine by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).

According to a regulatory settlement agreement published earlier today, Lee Hull’s CV had a number of misleading sections when he applied for a legal advisor role at law firm Clarkes Legal.

His CV implied he had a degree from the University of Leeds when he actually has one from Beckett (then Met). It also suggested that he attended Yale University when he only submitted a research paper which wasn’t published. Hull also claimed he had been “called to the bar”, the legal term for being a qualified barrister, but in fact had only completed a ‘bar vocational course’

The graduate also accepted a police caution in February 2016 for fraud by false representation as a result of his false CV.

Back to it! ? #leeds #leedsmet #leedsbeckett #uni #frosty #cold

A post shared by Louis Toyne (@louistoyne) on

Hull admitted he had used a false CV to obtain employment, failed to act with integrity and behave in a way that maintains the trust of the public. He also admitted to misleading the court and was in breach a number of  the authority’s key principles by creating and back-dating three letters and using them in an attempt to support a witness statement.

The overall outcome is that Lee Hull will no longer be employable as a solicitor or in connection with any practice. He was fined £2,000 but also has to pay £600 for the cost of the investigation.

The Tab Leeds

last seen today at 11:29

Get breaking Leeds news straight to your WhatsApp.

Find out about the latest insensitive socials, mad shit happening in Hyde Park, and maybe even how to navigate Roger Stevens. Straight into your DMs. 😘