Go Ape site has now been moved to Temple Newsam Park

Soz but now it’s going to be further away

Hide Images

Go Ape originally had plans to build a site at Roundhay Park but this has been called off after a public consultation. Now, the company has plans to build the adventure course at a site in Temple Newsam Park known as Menagerie Wood. The only problem is that it’s a lot farther away. Like, loads. So, if you wanted to spend the day on a segway or ziplining you might have to change your plans a little.

The head of business development at Go Ape, Ben Davies, said: “We remain committed to bringing Go Ape to Leeds and we know there is a lot of support from the local community for our treetop adventure course. We believe that Temple Newsam would be an ideal site, allowing us to bring fun and adventure whilst making a positive economic contribution to the area.”

More than 3,000 people signed the petition against the building of the site at Roundhay Park and some local residents were concerned about the effects of such plans if were to go ahead. Issues revolved around car parking and noise.

The executive member for the environment and sustainability, Councillor Lucinda Yeadon, stated: “The feedback which we have received to the idea in principle of a Go Ape attraction opening in Leeds if the right location could be found has been extremely positive.”