Revealed: the most hipster haunts in Leeds

Awks if you’re a hipster and don’t know any of these

Property company Hatched has recently divulged the most ‘hipster’ areas in Leeds based on the number of beard trimming and record shops. The Hatched survey listed Leeds as the UK’s fifth trendiest city due to its 65 hipster-friendly facilities.

The survey investigated the number of vinyl ships, beard trimming businesses, vegan cafes and craft beer houses in each area – all of which are apparently distinctive features of hipster residency. Just so you know, there are 17 vegan cafes, 8 places to get your beard trimmed, 33 craft beer pubs and 7 record shops in the city centre.

Hyde Park

The next area named as a hipster hotspot was Headingley and Hyde Park because the two areas have five vegan-friendly restaurants, five craft beer houses and the one beard trimming shop. This was followed by Holbeck, and then Chapel Allerton and Meanwood.

Other hipster areas are apparently scattered around Harehills, West Park and Horsforth, Roundhay, Kirkstall, Ilkley, Armley, Guisely and Otley.

University of Leeds

The Tab Leeds

last seen today at 08:58

Get breaking Leeds news straight to your WhatsApp.

Find out about the latest insensitive socials, mad shit happening in Hyde Park, and maybe even how to navigate Roger Stevens. Straight into your DMs. 😘