Nobody panic, but there’s a gin festival coming to Leeds this summer

It’s the news you’ve been waiting for

A gin festival will take place in Leeds this summer on 30th June – 2nd July.

It will take place in Leeds Town Hall, as part of a UK gin festival which is touring the country from March – September.

The gin festival will give you the chance to taste new and unique gin flavours and garnishes, and promises to be a rare occasion for admirers of this British drink icon. Alongside gin-sampling, the festival gives you the opportunity to pick up tips from the elite of the gin world and experience the world of gin cocktails.

Jym and Marie Harris, the brains behind the festival said: “We first dreamt up Gin Festival back in 2012… We love gin but every tasting session we attended and ‘gin bar’ we visited, left us disappointed – we wanted more! More interesting gins, more exciting gins, more knowledge, and the right garnishes”.

“With that in mind, we started Gin Festival,” they continue. “We found a whole host of fellow gin lovers to share it all out, and the events you know and love were born!”

Key dates of the gin festival are as follows:

Glasgow, The Briggait – 3rd-5th March

Blackpool, Tower Ballroom – 10th-11th March

Manchester, Victoria Baths – 24th March-2nd April

Torquay, Riviera International Centre – 14th-15th April

Nottingham, Conference Centre – 22nd April-23rd April

Swansea, Brangwyn Hall – 28th April-30th April

Bournemouth, Pavilion Ballroom – 5th-7th May

Bristol, The Station Silver Street – 11th-13th May

Ipswich, Town Hall – 2nd-4th June

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Racecourse – 9th-10th June

Gloucester, Blackfriars – 16th-17th June

Stoke-on-Trent, Victoria Hall – 23rd-24th June

Leeds, Town Hall – 30th June-2nd July

Norwich, The Halls – 14th July-15th July

Oxford, Town Hall – 21st-23rd July

London, Tobacco Dock – 25th-27th August

Sheffield, City Hall – 8th-10th September

So, whether you’re completely new to gin, or your love affair with the drink has burned strong for many years, secure your tickets for your nearest gin festival today!

Photograph Credits: Gin Festival Facebook Page