Stage catches fire during a Jack Whitehall gig in Leeds
The next episode in the “celebs do weird shit in Leeds” series
Comedian Jack Whitehall appeared in Leeds on Friday, when the stage caught fire at the First Direct Arena mid-performance. The event was filmed and uploaded to Twitter by user @annam4rtin, although the video doesn’t appear to show any flames.
— AM (@annam4rtin) February 11, 2017
The incident was reported to have not been part of the show, although the comedian did seem to make light of his performance being interrupted by the emergency as he is seen attempting to fight the fire with the help of the stage crew and a seemingly very small fire extinguisher.
Wow crazy show in Leeds! My set caught fire. actual fire. Turns out in an emergency situation I'm about as much use as a chocolate teapot.
— Jack Whitehall (@jackwhitehall) February 10, 2017
He should’ve gone to Fruity afterwards to recover.