Seven people arrested over Halloween motorbike havoc in Hyde Park

Six men and one woman have been arrested

After the Halloween chaos on Kirkstall Road, seven people have finally been arrested on suspicion of causing a public nuisance.

Many will recall when over 80 bikers rampaged through the streets, terrorising residents and endangering the public. Six men, ranging in age from twenty-two to twenty-six, and one twenty-nine-year-old woman have been detained.

Police from the Leeds District made the arrests with support from the West Yorkshire Police’s Protective Services Operations, in combination with a thorough search of premises located in Farnley, Armley, Bramley, Batley, Burmantofts, Roundhay and Harehills.

As part of the ongoing investigation into the incident, four motorbikes and some motorcycle equipment was confiscated.

The organiser of the actual incident on the 31st of October, a twenty-six-year-old man from Headingly, was arrested in early November, and is still on police bail awaiting further queries into the event.

After force detectives stated that they would “identify those involved and take strong action against them”, it seems they are beginning to fulfil their promise.