A Christmas charity single is being released in memory of Jo Cox

It will be released on 16th December

Jo Cox’s devastating murder back in June this year shook the nation, and revealed just how tense the country was in the run up to the Brexit vote. Six months later, Chrysalis Records are releasing a single in memory of Jo Cox, and they hope to be strong contenders for the Christmas No. 1.

The song, which is a cover The Rolling Stones’ ‘You Can’t Always Get What You Want’, is being released under the name Friends of Jo Cox, and musicians such as KT Tunstall, Kaiser Chiefs’ Ricky Wilson, Cockney Rebel’s Steve Harley, and David Gray are all getting involved to created this poignant tribute for the MP.

Joining these famous faces will be the Parliament Choir and the Royal Opera House Thurrock Community Chorus, and all the proceeds will be going towards setting up the Jo Cox Foundation.

In a statement David Gray has said that ‘in an era of political disenchantment’ Jo Cox was ‘that rare thing – someone you could believe in’.

The song will be released on 16th December, and will be a strong contender for Christmas No. 1 2016.