Leeds’ most eligible bachelorette: Round one

Single ladies, we hear ya

We are well and truly in the depths of cuffing season, and many of you singletons are out there desperately trying to find yourself a cuddle buddy for the cold winter months. Never fear though, because The Tab Leeds is here to bring you the finest bachelorettes in town. It’s the most coveted title of the year, but cast your vote carefully, this is only round one.

Daisy Ussher, 4th year, French

As a fourth year French student, this is Daisy’s ‘last chance to get her name out there and get a boyfriend before she leaves uni’, according to her friends. Her friends also tell us that her quick-fire banter, razor sharp wit and ‘bonkers boobs’ will bowl you over, and you’re most likely to see her ‘with her slammin’ bod, in Canal Mills slammin’ zingers’. Don’t worry though, because she’ll also be best mates with your mum, the best of both worlds.

She’s the ‘perfect mix of town and country’ and you’ll never get tired of seeing her out on the field hunting, or ‘popping some birdies out of the sky with her pink gun case on a cold winters day’. The ultimate bachelorette.

Her friends’ fave story about her? Apparently sitting on someone’s dad’s knee while wearing lingerie. We didn’t ask them to elaborate on this, but it’s a true story, ask about it on your first date (if you get that far).

Daisy says: I feel flattered that my friends put me up to be nominated, and would be honoured to be the most eligible bachelorette of the year. I would love to say that I wasn’t the best option, but really I am’.

Kate Loveday, 3rd year, Biological Sciences

Kate is a final year biological sciences student, and is known to most as a Kayaker extraordinaire. Her friends say she’s hilarious, a keen cyclist, and has no problem getting wet; spending many a Sunday on the Dee.

Why does she deserve the coveted title? Because of ‘the way she mixes elegance with fiery wit and is wasting her love on boats’.

Sophie Lane, 3rd year, Psychology

Sophie, otherwise known, according to her friends, as DJ tumble down the lane, is a third year Psychology student who can be found sinking tinnies, smoking ciggies, and ‘batting off boys left, right, and centre’.

Her friends favourite story about her? That time she made two boys incredibly guilty after finding her crying after a night out, when she had necked on with the two of them. The poor lads thought she was crying about the sticky love triangle they’d got themselves into, yet unbeknown to them she had actually just ‘dropped her crispys on the floor and couldn’t get over the grief’.

Sophie says: ‘I’m not surprised really, I am the pengest person around these parts, still searching for that 10/10 for arm candy’.

Abi Beaton, 2nd year, Fine Art

A second year Fine Art student, Abi knows how to have a good time, whether it’s jet setting off on increds holidays, or hitting up the clubs in Leeds. She’s even been lucky enough to have her art work exhibited at Chelsea College of Arts. Her friends say that she’s ‘the fittest, spiciest girl with a sprinkling of her english literary wisdom, thank you’.

This typical Surrey girl loves to cause Mischief on a Wednesday night.  As a member of the Modern Dance society, Abi can bust a move to lock down the boys.

Legend has it that Abi once even put the bins out for a one-night stand after being shouted at by his neighbour. This one’s a keeper.

Abi says, “This is so embarrassing. I was only nominated because I’m newly single so my friends love taking the piss. If I win do I get to date the bachelor?