Meet the first year who’s a finalist in Asos’ design competition

She deserves this

Marla Perelmuter is  an American student in Leeds  currently doing the International Foundation Year in the school of design. She is also however, a finalist in a prestigious design competition for online super-brand Asos, and she needs your votes to help her win.

Marla told us, “The competition is for Asos.com. I found the link on Facebook and decided to submit a design that I had made previously. I got an email last week saying that I’m a finalist, which means in the top 200 that get voted on by the public.

“If I get the most votes by December 12th then I win 5000 pounds, my design sold on the website, an all expense paid trip to London and mentoring from the Asos headquarters. If I get 2-5th place I get 1000 pounds and 6th-20th place get 100 pounds to Asos.com.”

Marla’s competition entry design

Seeing as she’s clearly a low-key fashionista, we asked where she likes to shop in Leeds.

“I love Leeds Uni style, especially the daily vintage pop ups.

Besides the vintage shops, I’m a Topshop fan (we don’t have many in the states).”

When she’s not competing in design competitions or hitting up Leeds thrift shops, Marla loves a classic night dancing on tables in Beirkeller and getting a bucket at Mission.

Click here to vote for Marla and make her dream come true.