Forget about Trump, here’s who should run for President in 2020

They have just as much political experience as Trump: none

Now that it’s been revealed that Donald Trump is to be inaugurated as America’s 45th President, it seems that the only thing we can do is hope for a better candidate in 2020. But that’s only if nuclear war and global warming don’t destroy us all first. Here are a few celebrities that would be better Presidents than Trump, some that have already expressed an intent to enrol in the next candidacy race.

Kanye West

After declaring his intentions to partake in the 2020 election last year at the VMAs, it is still unclear as to whether the rapper was sincere about his candidacy. After Trump’s monstrosity though, Kanye West would likely be welcomed into the White House with welcome arms and applauded for his generosity for replacing Trump. West’s fans have already flocked to social media to harass him into the role. He’s revealed that as President, his primary focus would be to lessen the debt of young Americans by giving them a good education – sounds better than Trump already.

Leonardo DiCaprio

Leo’s recently been advocating increased awareness about the environment and Global Warming, and considering that Trump’s stance on the matter is that humans aren’t responsible for climate change, I’d say DiCaprio has the candidacy in the bag. Maybe if we forced Trump into an animal carcass, nearly killed him from hypothermia and compelled him to eat raw meat as DiCaprio did for his role in The Revenant, maybe Trump would have a better understanding about the melting ice caps. Or maybe we should just do it for fun, who knows?

Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga might not be the stereotypical President, but she would certainly be a lot less controversial without the lawsuits that plague Trump. She supports countless foundations and charities, and has even created her own – perhaps the antithesis of Trump. While anyone would be a better president than Trump, it’s pretty clear that Gaga could be a suitable replacement. As a prominent supporter of LGBT+, it seems in the wake of Trump’s intention to pass anti-LGBT+ laws and revoke same-sex marriage, Gaga would be the rainbow America needs to disperse any lingering negativity.

Katy Perry

After an Instagram caption that professed Perry’s intention to run for the 2020 election as the 46th President, combined with the photo of her between the 42nd and 43rd Presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush, many fans are going wild at the prospect of her candidacy. While it’s actually unlikely that Perry will nominate herself for the role, it’s amusing to imagine the battle between Kanye and Katy as they fought for Presidential dominance.

Sir David Attenborough

He may not be American, but he would certainly be a better candidate than most. After suggesting that someone should shoot Donald Trump, it’s obvious that Attenborough cares about the world’s welfare. After being one of the sole individuals to not comment on Trump, he shocked the world with his extreme, and accurate, solution to the problem.

Beyoncé

She’s already a queen, why not make her the President too? After Trump, yet another rich, old, white man (surprise, surprise), why not propose that Beyoncé strike up a new career? She may not have a lot of political experience, but neither does Trump. If he can do it, anyone can do it. True, Trump will likely implode from inexperience (we can hope), or maybe just from the nuclear bombs, but when he does we can hope that Beyoncé delivers us all from Trump’s evil.

Robin Williams

Even deceased, he’d still be a better President than Trump.