Kids have been setting off fireworks on Hyde Park doorsteps

They were caught on camera

Unsuspecting Leeds students in Hyde Park have been targeted by kids setting off fireworks on their doorsteps over the bonfire night weekend.

Final year Business Management student Ryan Kahr, who lives in a house with three other students, was the victim of of a ‘knock and run’ style attack which happened to have been captured on video by his neighbours on Brudenell Mount. He told The Tab:

“Over the past couple of weeks we’ve had lads knocking and running on our house. Today one of us was in the lounge and I was upstairs. Suddenly we hear a loud knock on the door. We get up to answer it and it sounds like a scene out of infinity warfare – hallway filled with smoke, they cracked the glass window pain in the door.

“Thank god we didn’t open it to be fair. We had a glance out the lounge window when they were popping off. Oh and the cheeky fuckers used our plant pot to stand the fireworks up in.”

These housemates had an unwelcome surprise on Saturday

The video footage appears to capture the entire incident, showing a group of young kids running away from the doorstep while fireworks shoot up towards the house causing damage to the door.
Ryan has been able to see the lighter side of the fireworks stunt, but acknowledged that these sort of pranks can be incredibly dangerous,
“It’s funny for us, but not funny for your gran or any other vulnerable person.”