Every reason why Leeds has the best looking campus

Even Roger Stevens somehow manages to impress

When you think about classically picturesque uni campuses, the stereotype pretty much unanimously consists of the ancient, traditional buildings found at some of the oldest and most prestigious universities. No points for guessing which I am referring to.

However, what is being seriously overlooked in this assumption is the fact that, sure, a couple of buildings built in 100BC give your campus a sense of historic authenticity, but clearly to be the best looking uni you need a little spice and character.

That is why Leeds has, without a doubt, the fittest campus going.

We’ve got your standard Hogwarts-esque types, namely the Great Hall with that courtyard in front of it that looks oh-so-pretty with the recent Autumnal palette upgrade (trust me, an Instagram of this little goldmine would get you bare likes). Then we’ve got the complete opposite end of the spectrum with futuresque glass numbers like the Ziff Building, or brand-spanking new Laidlaw.

Seriously, this is the coolest library you will ever work in, it even has purpose-built bee-hives on the roof just because it can.The welcoming view from the bottom of the hill of Parkinson gleaming white and imposing can completely take your breath away, especially on a sunny day. Even Rodger Stevens somehow manages to impress in all it’s concrete glory, especially when you see it after dark with the yellow glow from the lights inside reflecting off of the little pool in front.

Think about the colourful bunting above the refectory, the idyllic St. George’s field (despite the creepy AF graveyards), and the rows of enamouring townhouses that you pass on your morning commute leading down from Lyddon Terrace to the Union. They’re all just so pretty.

It’s safe to say that Leeds is pretty much the biggest and best clusterfuck of architecture a campus could possibly possess, and that’s exactly what makes it just so gosh darn attractive.