The Roxy: The London nightclub we all love to hate

You say you hate it but can’t stop going back

Its definitely safe to say every student has had one of “those” nights. You know the ones I’m talking about, waking up, room spinning, full of regret and knowing full well you can never touch a bottle of tequila again. The Roxy, in London, is probably what can only be described as the epitome of this feeling. Yet somehow, it’s addictive. Maybe it’s the cheesy tunes no-one can get enough of, maybe it’s the half-price pitchers that can last you all evening, either way – it’s the club we all love to hate.

The bouncers are nicer than they look

From the minute you walk into the Roxy you know that tonight will be your night – as long as you actually manage to make it past the bouncers.

But don’t get me wrong, the bouncers there aren’t always the stereotypical, intimidating, scary guys they’re cracked up to be. I once witnessed one having a right laugh with an overly drunk guy who decided to show him every single picture of himself growing up, and yes, the bouncer was having a great time, even think I saw him crack out a smile.

The locations not great but that won’t stop us going

The one drawback is, of course, the location. Because who actually lives anywhere near Tottenham Court Road? Although, what’s not to love about those drunken 45 minute tube journeys, where endless games of never have I ever can be played resulting in arguments, singing and maybe even a cheeky romance for the evening.

And free wifi?! What’s not to love about that

You’ll always have a good night

It’s undeniable that you’ll have a good night here. Playing everything from those old school Avril Lavigne classics to remind you of your rebellious tween stage, to Earth, Wind and Fire, everyone will know every word to every song, no matter what’s played.

The dancing fever truly lasting the whole journey home

This Facebook review sums it up perfectly:

No-one is able to deny the truth. No matter who you are or where you’re from, the Roxy is somewhere not to be missed, I’ll see you there next week?