One of the suspects wanted for the MOBO brawl is a Craig David Lookalike

I’m walking away

Police have released photos of five men wanted after a fight at the MOBO Awards after-party – with one of the suspects being a dead ringer for Craig David.

The apparent dopplegänger went to the party on a Wednesday but could be arrested by Tuesday if anyone recognises him.

A mass brawl erupted at an after event being held at Bar Soba in Leeds which hosted the awards last year.

Drinkers and party goers fled in panic as glasses and furniture were hurled around the bar in the early hours of the 5th November.

When the bassline drops you know what to do

After analysing CCTV footage from the bar that night, police have now issued an appeal to trace five suspects they believe were involved in the incident, which is thought to have been sparked by an assault within the bar.

Big names like Stormzy and Krept and Konan were at the event, but Craig David was not one of them.

Detective Inspector Mark Atkinson, of Leeds District CID, said: “These were some very ugly scenes that marred what had otherwise been a night of celebration.

“We are treating the incident as an offence of violent disorder and are carrying out extensive enquiries to trace those responsible.

“We have spent a considerable amount of time analysing CCTV footage from that night and have produced images of five men who we believe were linked to the disorder.

“We would like to hear from anyone who recognises these men or who has any information that could assist the investigation.

“While we have spoken to a number of witnesses, we would also like to hear from anyone else who was at the event and saw what happened.”

Krept and Konan were at the awards

The search is likely to prove difficult given people had travelled from across the country for the awards. Trouble flared after an unidentified man was assaulted in the bar around 2.45am.

Although no-one came forward to report being assaulted, police say it is clear from CCTV that a number of people were struck by flying bottles and furniture. The bar was also damaged.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Constable 4000 Richard Coulton of Leeds District CID via 101 quoting crime reference 13150458814 or by calling Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.