Leeds ranked in the top five best unis

It ranks above Oxford, LSE and of course Beckett

If you’re a student at Leeds University it’ll probably come of no surprise that we’re one of the best unis to go to.

We’ve just been ranked 5th in the Whatuni.com Top 100 Universities for 2016, a move which sees it rise 9 places from 14th in 2015.

The student led top 100 is based on over 25,000 student reviews submitted on the Whatuni.com website. The results are based on a broad range of categories including accommodation, city life, job prospects, students union, clubs and societies along with courses and lecturers and an overall student rating.

The University also scooped the top spot for ‘City Life’ – making Leeds the number 1 student city voted for by students.

Overall the survey reveals that student satisfaction has gone up at UK universities this year from 81% in 2015 to 83% this year.

At the top…

1. Harper Adams University
  2. Loughborough University
  3. Swansea University
  4. Bangor University
  5. University of Leeds
  6. University of Exeter
  7. Nottingham Trent University
  8. University of South Wales
  9. St Mary’s University
  10. Leeds College of Art

At the bottom….

1. Liverpool Hope University
  2. London South Bank University
  3. Liverpool John Moores University
  4. Coventry University
  5. Goldsmiths
  6. Southampton Solent University
  7. University of Surrey
  8. University of St Mark & St John
  9. Glyndwr University
  10. University of Winchester

Elsewhere in the table whilst Oxford University may provide a 1st class education it dropped from 29th in 2015 to 50th this year and whilst LSE may have been named as the university with the highest earning graduates it appears they’re not all that satisfied at University being placed 60th in 2016, albeit a rise from 65th  in 2015.

As for Beckett, well they’ve been placed at 79th a fall of 45 places from their 2015 place of 34th, confirming that even Beckett student’s know their uni is pants.