Clubber rings 999 after getting kicked out of Maccies

When all you want is a Big Mac

You know the score: it’s a Monday, student loans are a distant memory and you’re surviving on your last precious £20 until your next instalment. It calls for one thing – Quids In at Pryzm.

You’re in, you’ve danced, you’ve drank your weight in VKs and the only thing left to do is order a McDonald’s. I mean, you can’t finish a night in Quids In without a burger to soak up the alcohol, right?

Then imagine the horror of being refused entry to your favourite after party, which is exactly what happened to one unsuspecting woman.

The offending McDonald’s

Dismayed at the thought of returning home without her signature Big Mac, she did what any idiot would do after one too many and called 999 for the police to enforce her “mandatory rights”.

In the footage, released by BBC Look North yesterday, the caller tells the operator: “I know it’s not really an emergency, but I went to McDonald’s and they told me I’m too drunk to go in. I’ve had two drinks and I would like a police officer please.”

She continues: “I have paid entry…. I know my mandatory rights.”

Entry to McDonald’s? – I’d be furious too. Meanwhile, back in reality, the operator informs her: “It is not an emergency call. We won’t be attending.”

A spokesperson for West Yorkshire Police said: “Our call handlers devote time needed to deal with each call dependent on the complexity of the issue, as our staff have to clarify the situation. If someone is blocking out lines with non-emergency matters, or worse still non-police matters, they are potentially slowing down our response time to genuine emergencies.”

Perhaps next time, just go home.