What your LUU lunch spot says about you

Where do you eat your Essentials meal deal?

Leeds University is a veritable safari, and you can learn a lot by looking at its animals’ grazing habits. So what does where you eat your lunch say about you?

Terrace 

If you choose to dine in Terrace, you’re most probably a sociable being. The food may not be the best you can find in the Union, but it’s the place you go to spend your extended lunch break rather than sitting in the library all day eating your squashed homemade sandwiches.

You seek the thrill of bumping into people you didn’t plan to, you’re feeling reckless – you may even upgrade your meal and get a side of those tasty and unbeatable sweet potato and parsnip wedges.

What work?

Old Bar

If Old Bar is where you prefer to reside then you’re a laidback kinda guy (or gal). You enjoy a chilled game of snooker whilst you unwind after the morning lectures – and with the cosy pub vibes, comfy sofas and delectable Mac’n’Cheese, why on earth would you want to go anywhere else?

Good vibes

The Lounge/Treehouse

The people you meet in the Lounge or the Treehouse are those who have their lives together. They’re the ones who we thrive to be like each year- the people who save their pennies and make their lunch the night before. The organised folk.

Either that, or they’ve done the complete opposite and have chosen to grab a classic Essentials wrap to eat alone because their lack of friends on campus has left them with no other option.

An organised human caught eating her homemade pasta salad

Hidden Café

You do an Arts degree, and you don’t fucking shut up about it.

They’re not even going to the gym

The Refectory

You’re a fresher, you’re in Charles Morris and you roll out of bed at 12 and head straight towards the Refectory in your trackies. You don’t care what people think. The Refectory is basically your kitchen, so why would you dress up for the occasion? You live on campus, so you’re pretty sure you own it.

Or, alternatively, you’re a sad second year who is still clinging onto the fact you used to live on campus. Let it go.

Does she even live on campus?

Airport Lounge 

You do a science and you only choose to mingle at lunch with those who are as intellectually gifted as you. You sit with those who understand the struggle of not being able to leave your building for lunch – you barely even step foot out of the library because, unlike some, your degree makes a difference. They won’t be laughing when you get a real job.

The intellectually gifted