Which are the worst halls in Leeds?

Let’s be honest, it’s probably Oxley

Everyone knows Charles Morris is posh, James Baillie is edgy and Lyddon is… well, nobody knows Lyddon.

Stereotypes aside, there’s one burning question we’ve never had an answer too. Which are the worst halls at Leeds Uni?

Sara, first year, New Media

“North Hill Court is the worst. It’s away from everything, and it’s so small that only a couple of plates and chairs can actually fit in the kitchen at one time.

Georgia, second year, English

“Oxley may because it’s just so far away, but Liberty Park flooding was pretty bad too.”

Minie, first year, English Literature

“I think Henry Price is the worst because it’s quite overcrowded. There’s not enough space.”

Henry, second year, Broadcast Journalism

“I reckon Montague Burton.”

Sam, second year, Physics

“It’s very difficult to choose. I think it’s Oxley because it is too far away in comparison with the others.

“Lupton is also far away, but at least there are social activities.”

David, second year, Philosophy & Psychology

“I think Charles Morris is the worst because the rent requires you to be a damn millionaire. Everyone there is daddy’s little prince or princess.

“I also don’t like the idea of catered halls. You come to uni to be independent and it’s completely undermined by the fact that you’re not even feeding yourself.”

Camille, first year, Media and Communication

“I don’t like Liberty Dock. It’s really far away.”

Ilana, postgraduate, Corporate Communication & Public Relations

“I think St. Mark’s Residences are inappropriately located because it’s across from a church so you end up seeing quite a few funerals from the flats. Maybe for local people it’s fine, but for international students it might be uncomfortable”.

Leana, postgraduate, Corporate Communication & Public Relations

“I would say CLV, because it’s too far away from the Business School.”

Bianca, first year, Broadcast Journalism

“My opinion might not be the most informed one, but I would probably say the Tannery because it’s quite far away. Plus they have no common room.”