Leeds fashion students to exhibit work in front of Anna Wintour

The Vogue editor-in-chief is coming to Yorkshire in January

anna wintour fashion leeds style the devil wears prada uni uol uoy vogue york

Fashion students in Leeds are being given the chance to show off their designs to the editor of Vogue.

Anna Wintour, editor of world’s biggest fashion mag and inspiration behind The Devil Wears Prada, is speaking at York Uni in January.

The Northern Youth Fashion Show on January 29th will allow promising student fashion designers to advertise their work in front of Anna Wintour and other fashionistas.

This opportunity is being offered to students from Leeds College of Art and Leeds Beckett University, and will complement other featured designs from colleges and universities across the region.

There will be a talk from Ms Wintour, as well as a Q&A from Guardian Editor-in-Chief Katharine Viner. This will be followed by a champagne reception as well as live music.

The fashion show is being organised in aid of the refugee charities Refugee action York and The Xavier Project.

It is being hosted by HARD magazine, a fashion publication at the University of York.

With high-profile attendees as well as sponsorship from train company Grand Central, tickets are sure to sell out quickly – you can buy them here.