We love you Roger Stevens, for all your floors

It’s fine that it starts on level 7

architecture argument confusing lecture theatre leeds lt roger stevens uni

Recently, Roger Stevens was voted the worst thing about Leeds Uni.

Well to all of you who have raised your hands in hate towards Roger Stevens, I say this: you’re wrong.

Sure, the layout of the place might be a bit weird at first, but in actual fact the building is simply there to test your skills and intellect.

Not only is it celebrated for being a work of “architectural beauty” (note the artistic effect of the grey walls/carpets and handrails) the building itself is an adventure playground which gets those adrenaline levels pumping.

Such inspiring interior

Here is your very own free maze you can wander around. It tests your intellect. And if you actually find the way to Lecture Theatre 20, it reaffirms why you got into uni.

Not only is it a puzzle of level numbering which forces your to reassess your ability to confidently count to 10, it also highlights how superior you are to lesser mortals. Could you imagine them swiftly understanding that level 7 is in fact the first floor?

Yet another mind game

Roger Stevens laughs in the face of the outrageously expensive Edge. Do you not realise the perks? You get to run up and down the stairs for free without paying £200+ a year to go to a small sweaty gym, and all before 9am.

Even better, you can look out of the huge windows over to the Edge and laugh. Be very smug, you’re the real winners here.

Feel the burn

Most important of all, Roger Stevens provides a tropical oasis in the heart of the campus. For the small part of the Uni population who aren’t from London, and aren’t used to “city life” – the duck pond offers a place of serenity and the opportunity for students to feel at one with nature.

Feel free to amble along the concrete pavements and enjoy the exotic water features. Just mind you don’t actually feed the ducks (they’re on a strict diet, if you hadn’t realised).

I think its time for you to start giving Roger Stevens some respect.

I salute you, Roger Stevens.