Leeds according to TripAdvisor

Apparently Fruity is a ‘must-go party before graduate’

belgrave drinking dry dock fruity get baked leeds LUU nightlife space

Everyone has an opinion on Leeds nightlife. With sticky floors, cheesy tunes and hordes of sweaty revellers,  it’s easy to be biased towards (or against) our city’s cheesy sweat fests.

However not everyone finds it easy to put their feelings into words – so in the interest of saving you some hassle, we scoured TripAdvisor for some of the best club and bar reviews in Leeds.

Fruity

Whether you love it or loathe it, we’ve all experienced a classic Friday night down at Fruity.

It’s a thumbs up from Sarah

It comes as no surprise they picked up on the cheesy music, but who doesn’t love a bit of S Club 7? You may think the “lights are silly” but it’s all part of the year 7 disco vibe we’re going for.

Drinks are cheap indeed, and on a student budget we have to prioritize these things, especially when we need to save enough money to grab a Flames on the way home.

While it’s hard to sympathise with this person’s love for dancing in very cramped spaces, they’ve hit the nail on the head with the amount of recovery time needed from a heavy night there.

Roxy Ball Room

Drinks and flying balls, enough said.

Dry Dock

Quirky is certainly one way of describing Dry Dock. I mean, you are sitting in a boat.

Players

For a bar that’s not usually heaving with crowds, something tells me that Lee took a visit to Players on  a Wednesday night. With swarms of fancy dress and a sea of blue shirts, you can see why he compares it to a busy “cattle market”.

But don’t fret, Lee – there’s nothing better than a cheap triple in Players to sort you out before venturing into the city centre.

Belgrave

Tommy R, king of the puns. At least he liked the staff.

Space

We have a Space veteran over here

So basically if you want to see some top-of-the-range shuffling, Space is the place to be.

Pryzm

We know Pryzm is a prime location for Beckett nights out, but that’s a little harsh isn’t it. This person’s Pryzm experience may have been short lived and disappointing, but I can guarantee the McDonald’s next door made up for it.

Get Baked

Someone loves it.