Beeston rapist pleads guilty

Zdenko Turtak denied a charge of attempted murder

assault attack beeston charge crime police rape sexual assault slovakia

A 21-year-old man has pleaded guilty to raping an 18-year-old as she waited at a bus stop in Beeston.

Zdenko Turtak also admitted causing grievous bodily harm with intent but denied a charge of attempted murder.

Turtak had fled the country for his native Slovakia after the harrowing attack, but was extradited back to the UK earlier this year.

File picture shows the scene of the rape on 7 March 2015 in Beeston, Leeds. Today Zdenko Turtak pleaded guilty to rape and GBH with intent and not guilty to attempted murder at Leeds Crown Court. See Ross Parry copy RPYRAPE : A Slovakian national has pleaded guilty to raping an 18-year-old as she waited at a bus stop. Zdenko Turtak, 21, who was extradited back to the UK, pleaded guilty to rape and causing grievous bodily harm with intent. He pleaded not guilty to a charge of attempted murder. The teenage victim was waiting at a bus stop in Leeds, West Yorks., when she was attacked by Turtak on March 6 this year. Turtak appeared via videolink from Wakefield prison at Leeds Crown Court, West Yorks., today (Fri) dressed in a grey prison sweatshirt and Rosary beads.

The bus stop where the attack took place

His victim was waiting at a bus stop in when she was attacked by Turtak on March 6th this year.

The Slovakian national appeared at Leeds Crown Court via videolink from Wakefield prison wearing a grey prison sweatshirt and rosary beads.

Prosecutor Simon Waley asked for the case to be adjourned for time for the Crime Prosecution Service to consider Turtak’s pleas.

A decision is expected to be made next week as to whether Turtak will face a trial on the attempted murder charge.

CCTV footage that shows a man believed to be the rapist. A police CCTV image of the suspect, issued during the inquiry of a rape on 7 March 2015 in Beeston, Leeds. Today Zdenko Turtak pleaded guilty to rape and GBH with intent and not guilty to attempted murder at Leeds Crown Court. See Ross Parry copy RPYRAPE : A Slovakian national has pleaded guilty to raping an 18-year-old as she waited at a bus stop. Zdenko Turtak, 21, who was extradited back to the UK, pleaded guilty to rape and causing grievous bodily harm with intent. He pleaded not guilty to a charge of attempted murder. The teenage victim was waiting at a bus stop in Leeds, West Yorks., when she was attacked by Turtak on March 6 this year. Turtak appeared via videolink from Wakefield prison at Leeds Crown Court, West Yorks., today (Fri) dressed in a grey prison sweatshirt and Rosary beads.

CCTV footage of a man believed to be the attacker

The Recorder of Leeds, Judge Peter Collier, QC, adjourned the case and remanded Turtak in custody.

The defendant will next appear before the court on October 8th.

If the CPS decide to accept his pleas he will next appear before the court on October 19th when he will be sentenced.

He was extradited back to the UK by officers from West Yorkshire Police Homicide and Major Enquiry Team.